Saturday 12 March 2011

Anime or not to Anime? That is the question...


My first non-fan fiction related post. Yay? Nah, nothing too exciting to write home about i am afraid. Sorry to anyone who is only reading this blog for fic updates, i promise their shall be much more of them to come. :]


UROTSUKIDOJI: LEGEND OF THE OVERFIEND THE MOVIE
Avoid if you offend easily! :|

Anyways I digress, I'm here to talk about Anime. Love it? Hate it? don't get it? I have experienced all three emotions towards it to be frank.  Urotsukidōji I: Legend of the Overfiend anyone? Wow! That movie was seriously messed up! It was one of them ones that you actually start questioning your own sanity about wanting to watch it like half way through. Trust me, if i had actually used my eyes and read the back cover i would of avoided it. Unfortunately, I'm stupid that way. Lol.

Watched Black Blood Brothers the other night, story was good and the characters were rather addictive i must say. Anyone not want to be bit by Jiro? Nope? Right, thought as much. :P Anyway, taking all that into consideration, the series seemed to just end. I was like 'yes big fight is coming up oooh!' then a ten minute sword fight happens and the bad guys get away and it just sorta....ends? Where is the anger? The revenge? The ending to the long 12 ep storyline? Pfft! Besides that point though, would still watch again. what can i say? I am a sucker for anything with fangs and a bit of a love undertone going on in the plot. Gets me hooked every time!

Pom Poko
Best Racoon movie ever!
(only racoon movie ever? Hmm...)
The most addictive anime films ever, in my opinion, are Pom Poko, Howls Moving Castle and Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust. Seriously, amazing! Raccoons that can talk and transform their, ahem pouches...into things while fighting the modernisation of rural Japan in the meantime? Immense! Wizards and turnips and old lady hags, oh my! Sheer brilliance. And finally silent futuristic Vampire killer who has a talking hand who's sarcasm can outwit even my own twisted mind? Fantastic! Seriously, i can't recommend enough. :] any readers have any faves they would like to share? C'mon, don't be shy people! :P

Anyways, that's my anime mind totally and utterly satisfied. On with something more important and less rambly; Fan fiction updates!

Right, A Reason To Carry On is still unwritten. I am having serious Clara writers block people, and it sucks. Big time! :[ Red And Green Should Never Be Seen shall be updated Sunday hopefully. Totally hooked on writing my sarky character, Olivia. Anyways, keep a look out and i shall keep you guys posted.

Thanks for checking this blog out, i pity anyone who has managed to read this far. You guys must have the concentration skills of sheer warriors as i don't half dribble on! Haha. :| anyways, guten tag! :D

2 comments:

  1. I'm not into anime at all, don't know too much about most of all that's out there even. Don't have the time with everything else BUT, OMG I ADORE Howls Moving Castle and just about most of the other movies put out by Studio Ghibli/Hayao Miyazaki! Spirited Away, Castle in the Sky, My Neighbor Totoro, Ponyo, Kiki, Nausucaa, Porco Rosso.... I'll stop there! HAven't seen everything but what I have is FAB-O! Howl is hand's down my fav with Spirited Away, Castle and Totoro next on the list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im not a massive anime follower, but i own a fair few series on dvd, but there is alot of it that i dont like to.
    Studio Ghibli i ADORE! Lol.
    My faves are Porco Rosso, Pom Poko, Howls Moving Castle and Spirited Away. My daughter loves Pom Poko also, although she has a thing for cartoon animals atm. Lol.
    Even bought her an anime series called Sherlock Hound by Hayao Miyazaki. Haha. :P

    ReplyDelete